Thursday 23 February 2012

Cream of Broccoli Soup


Broccoli is known as miracle food.
It has most of the nutrients which are beneficial for our body.


I started eating Broccoli the day my lil one started recognising vegetables and wanted to eat a "green cauliflower".
Thats how our interest and fascination for broccoli began.
Broccoli also has another interesting interpretation from one of my close friends kid, she likes broccoli cause she thinks she is eating "Small Trees"


In the past, I have always tasted broccoli soup in different restaurants, but somehow my daughter never managed to like it until the day I made my own style of soup 
"Cream of Broccoli Soup"



Ingredients :
Broccoli - 500 gms
Onion - 1
Tomato -  1
Garlic - 2 flakes
Ginger - 1/2 inch
Fresh cream - 1/2 cup
Salt
Olive oil - 2 tbsp
Pepper freshly ground
Thyme dried (optional)
Basil dried (optional)


Method :
Wash brocolli and cut into medium pieces.
Finely slice onion, tomato and garlic.
Par boil brocolli in a pot of water for abt 5 mins.
Strain the brocolli under cold running water, but keep the pot of water aside for future use.
Then, lightly shallow fry in Olive oil - broccoli, onion, tomato, garlic and ginger pieces till they are translucent and lightly golden.
Put all these in the pot of water ( kept aside earlier ) and boil for 2 mins and mash in blender or mixer.
Strain using soup strainer.
Add salt to taste.
Add cream and bring to boil stirring continuously.


Garnish with fresh Cream , pepper ,thyme and basil.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search my blog