Friday 24 February 2012

Quick n Easy Peppy Paneer

I remember in my childhood that the best thing about getting back home after school,  was my seeing my mom's smiling face when she opened the door ready to greet me.
The next best thing was the lovely aroma of the evening snack.
There are loads of evening snacks which my mom made which I will be posting shortly.
I however have continued this tradition of making different snacks for my daughter when she returns from school.
On one such day I realized not having anything else in the refrigerator except Paneer.
So created, an evening snack of Paneer, in Indo-Italian style.
After eating this felt really pepped up so called it "Peppy Paneer"


Ingredients :
Paneer or Cottage Cheese - 200 gms
Cumin powder - 1 tbsp
Red Chilli powder - 1 tsp
Red Chilli flakes - 1 tsp
Oregano - 1 tbsp
Salt
Dil - 1 small sprig
Bread crumbs - of 2 slices
Milk - 2 tbsp
Olive oil for frying

Method :
 Cut paneer into square slices or any shape as shown.
Mix together cumin powder, salt, chilli powder, chilli flakes, oregano and finely chopped dil leaves.
Lighly dab the paneer slices on both sides with milk.
Now apply the powder on all sides of the paneer slices.
The powder will stick to the paneer since its slightly wet because of the milk.
Now roll the paneer slices in the bread crumbs powder and keep aside.

Take a shallow frying pan, add olive oil and fry the coated paneer slices on both sides till evenly golden.
Serve with mint chutney or tomato ketchup.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search my blog