Tuesday 4 September 2012

Babycorn, Capscium and Cottage Cheese Masala


The dish which I cooked just now is my first and successful attempt at recreating a dish, which I had in the "Independence Day thali" in one of the Rajasthani restaurants in Bangalore.
There were so many different dishes in that thali that unfortunately I do not remember the name, so I just call it "Babycorn, Capsicum and Cottage Cheese Masala".
I made this with my own instincts and memory of what I had tasted last month, and I think its worth sharing with my friends.
I used the same basic ingredients but combined them a bit differently and the outcome was a real success!


Serves 4
Ingredients:
Baby corn - 3 - sliced
Capsicum - 1/4 - cut into pieces
Cottage cheese or Paneer - 50 gms - cut into cubes
Onion - 1 - chopped finely
Green chilly - 1/2 - chopped
garlic - 2 cloves - chopped finely
Cinnamon - 1 inch piece
Cashewnuts - 6 - soaked in water for about 15 minutes
Tomato -3 large - blanched and puree'd or ground along with the soaked cashew nuts
Red chilly powder - 1 tsp
Garam Masala - 1 tsp
Butter - 20-30 gms ie 2-3 tbsp
Salt to taste
Coriander leaves - chopped - for garnishing

Method:
Take a heavy bottomed pan, keep on medium heat, add butter and immediately add the chopped onions, green chillies, garlic and cinnamon piece and fry well till onions are golden brown.
Now add the red chilly powder and garam masala powder and fry for 30 seconds then add tomato puree ground with cashew nuts and fry for 2-3 minutes. Now add the capsicum, baby corn and paneer along with salt and cover and cook for 5-8 minutes.
Serve hot garnished with chopped coriander leaves and more butter if desired..!!
This dish could be served with rotis/chapatis/bread.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search my blog